When it comes to roof repairs, replacements, or new roof installations, you may be left with a lot of questions. The roofing contractors at All About Roofing Co., LLC, serving the Burlington, Eden, Mebane, Reidsville, Gibsonville, Graham, Elon, Browns Summit, Oak Ridge, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough, NC areas, is ready to help answer all of your questions and provide you with the services you are looking for. From metal roofing to asphalt roofing and roof maintenance services, our team can help you protect your home or office from the elements.
Take a look at some of our frequently asked questions. If you should have further questions or concerns or would like a roof estimate, please give us a call today!
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know if I need a new roof?
A: The following are things that may indicate that your roof needs replacing:
- Missing, cracked, or curling shingles
- Shingle, sheathing, or siding decay
- Sagging roof areas (possibly rotting wood)
- Leakage in the attic after heavy rains
- Stains on interior walls or ceilings
Q: How long can I expect my roof to last?
A: The lifespan of your roof can depend on a few different variables: installation, roof type, the current condition of your roof, proper maintenance and upkeep, ventilation, and the environment or conditions of your surroundings. However, general lifespans according to the American Society of Home Inspectors are as follows:
- Wood Shingles/Shakes: 10-40 years (depending on shingles purchased and weather conditions)
- Slate: 30-100 years
- Clay/Concrete Tiles: 20+ years
- Metal Roofing- 15-40 years
Q: How long does it take to replace a roof?
A: The time required to replace a roof depends on the size, type, and difficulty of the roof and can take anywhere from a few days to more than a week. The time involved is substantially affected by the weather as well as the number of inspections required by the city. Before we begin each job, we advise the client on how long we expect the job to last.
Q: How do I know I need a roof replacement?
A: The lifespan of your roof can depend on various factors. Some signs that your roof may need to be replaced include:
- Roof is over 20 years old/nearing the end of its life
- Roof was installed over another layer
- Roof was damaged by a recent storm
- Roofing material was not installed correctly
- Signs of moisture or water damage inside your home
Q: If I get a metal roof installed, will it be noisy?
A: When we install your metal roofing, we use a variety of roofing materials that will help break the noise if it is hailing, raining, etc.
Q: Can a metal roof be installed on any home?
A: Metal roofs are lightweight which makes them a great option for any structure.
Q: What types of roofing styles do you offer?
A:We offer wood shingles, slate roofs, metal roofs, and asphalt shingles.
Q: What is offered during roofing maintenance programs?
A:Protecting your roof is important which is why roof maintenance is important. Our program includes a 10% discount on roofing repairs, guaranteed appointments within 24 hours, a 17-point inspection & safety analysis, attic ventilation assessment, gutter cleaning, skylight cleaning, large debris removal, and the peace of mind you are looking for!
Q: What are the benefits of getting metal roof installation?
A:Metal roofing is a great option for home and business owners as it is long-lasting, durable, fire resistant, environmentally friendly, energy efficient, and can stand up against various weather conditions.
Q: What are the different types of metal roofing?
A:We offer the following metal roofing materials-
- Corrugated Metal Roofing: This type of metal roofing is made out of aluminum or galvanized steel. The panels are round and wavy and once formed, they are finished with a weather-resistant coating to protect the base layer of metal on your roof.
- Standing Seam: This type of metal roofing is designed as a concealed fastener metal panel system, a standing seam metal roof features vertical separators and a larger flat area between each piece.
Q: Are there different types of shingle roofing?
A:Some of the most common roof shingles include:
- 3-tab roof shingles
- Architectural roof shingles
- Premium roof shingles
Q: Where are services offered?
A:We offer roofing services throughout Burlington, Eden, Mebane, Reidsville, Gibsonville, Graham, Elon, Browns Summit, Oak Ridge, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough, NC.